Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fitness is a Frame of Mind

An Introduction to this Blog

“How can I lose about 20 pounds before my holiday? How do I tone my muscles? How can I stay on a diet? How do I get rid of the fat right here (pointing to body part)?”

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I will not be able to answer these and other questions. There are diets, and fads, pills, creams, and even hard work and other things that may (or may not) be the answer you are looking for. To put it simply - that answer is not here. Keep searching elsewhere if you’re looking for recipes, exercise routines, or other items of that nature.

What I hope instead to offer, is to help you get, and maintain the right frame of mind for success in your health and fitness goals. Hello, and welcome to my space.

My intention is to share my experiences and thoughts on the things that have helped me on my path. I am amazed at the changes that have already occurred and it is with that amazement that I wish to share with you. This sounds so cliché, however if I could do it, so can you.

I want to share with you my path, in the hopes that you might get some benefit out of it while on yours. I intend to share some struggles, hopes, fears and of course successes too. Welcome again, and I wish you continued success and your frequent return to this space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

I think the problem is that everyone wants to "look good", but very few are actually willing to work for it. Furthermore, I find that many people are short-sighted when it comes to their fitness goals. For instance, why are people trying to lose weight before the holidays or their wedding? What's the point of looking good for one day for people you rarely see and then go back to being out of shape and living a life of sloth the rest of the time?

People need to understand that being fit is a lifestyle change and one you should embrace rather than see as a chore. Moreover, if you don't have the self-discipline to limit your fast food/unhealthy snacking intake to about once a week, then you should probably save your money on that gym membership. A person can work out until he/she is blue in the face and increase his/her muscle size, but the results will never show under the layers of body fat from a poor diet.

Take a look at former UFC Lightweight Champion, Sean Sherk http://mma-knockout.blogspot.com/2007/07/sean-sherk-caveman-training.html He doesn't eat to simply "look" good, but for performance. For instance, Sherk's meals consist of baby food, supplements, chicken breast, and other unprocessed foods.

Ask yourself if you typically feel lethargic after eating fast food meals like pizza, burgers or fries?

So my point is: Try eating healthy and working out because it'll make you feel good, rather than because it'll make you look good...and you might just see some results:)